Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sunday Stamps Challenge-- Rainbows #123

Hello all,

Once I saw this adorable inspiration photo over on the Sunday Stamps challenge blog, I immediately knew what I wanted to create!

Here's my interpretation:
So this was quite time consuming/tedious but I believe that the end result was well worth it! I started by cutting the diagonal stripes coverplate from PTI out of white cardstock. I then flipped it over and adhered an acetate sheet sized A2 to cover the entire panel. Then, using foam tape, I created 9 (yes, count them...9!!!) shaker components. Once that was done, I filled them in with various sequins from PTI/Pretty Pink Posh in rainbow order! Finally, I took one of the remaining negative strips and stamped "sending you" and birthday wishes" and "from all of us" and cut them in three pieces. I also cut from black cardstock the "happy" 3 times for added dimension, as you can see in the close-up photograph below

I adhered all these pieces to the card front, then adhered that to a white A2-sized cardbase....and I'm done!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to head over to the Sunday Stamps challenge blog for more gorgeous inspiration!
-O

Also entering this card into the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Birthdays Simon Says Stamp 


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous shaker card! Nine compartments? Dedicated perfection! Love your rainbow of sequins card! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous shaker card! Love the rainbow of sequins! Lots of love in this card! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete