Monday, May 28, 2018

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #332- Above and Below


So, I am sneaking this card in last minute (as I so often do) for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #322, which is hosted by Lizzie Jones. Her technique is called "Above and Below" and just as the name indicates, it's to frame a sentiment strip with images both above and below! So whenever I am working on a card and start die cutting various images, I tend to make extras and then store them for future projects. It just makes sense as it's much easier and far more efficient when I already have all my supplies out and then I can store them for future projects.  Well this is that future project! Hehe. 😉



I took out a bunch of florals that I had pre-die cut and stamped and then simply started arranging them until I was satisfied! Here is the result:

So I began by die-cutting a white, top folding card base with PTI's newest Noted set. I am absolutely in ❤ with the stitched and pinked edges! Then I got to work on the floral arrangement and color scheme. If you browse through either my blog and/or Instagram account (@O2CraftMama) you'll soon figure out that I'm very partial to bright, vibrant colors and this card is no exception! 
As you can see, I used many different floral sets and from a few different companies! From Papertrey Ink I used:
-Dawn Mcvey's gorgeous florals: Farmer's Florals, Gran's Garden
-Betsy Veldman's Spring Border Flowers and Stitched Garden set. 
-Graceful Greetings II
-Nesting: Leaves from the coverplate and the sentiment from the stamp set. 
I I also used Altenew's floral set, it's the aqua flower in the above photograph. 
I also incorporated some smaller flowers and leaves from WPlus9:
-Freehand Florals & Southern Summer Florals 1
-The stitched banner is from My Favorite Things  (MFT Stamps).


To add more depth and interest, I also used a white gel pen and a black Pigma Micron to add some stitching and details to some of the floral centers:


As a finishing touch, I generously lathered all the florals with a coating of Zig Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen. Unfortunately you can't really see it in the photographs but I assure you that in real life it is absolutely divine! I never get tired of using this product, it just makes everything "pop"! 

I  also scattered a few Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequin Mix to finish off the card.

Finally, I also embellished a matching envelope with a super old Stampin' Up stamp (pink heart) and Papertrey Ink's mini envelope kit.:

So I might have gone a _bit_ (okay fine...A LOT) over board with the amount of flowers I used. 😁Haha, but I simply couldn't resist-- I feel that you can never own too many floral stamp/die sets! 

Thanks for stopping by and until next time...craft on! 
-O

1 comment:

  1. This card is beautiful. You can never have too many flowers. I always die cut extra bits for later, too.

    ReplyDelete