Monday, July 11, 2016

ColourQ #349: Sail Away...my first slider card!

Hello all and happy Monday! 
I'm here to share my first ever slider card. In the past, I  have hesitated to make one as I thought it would be difficult and/or time consuming. ..but au contraire, mon frère! It was a ton of fun and I thought it the perfect opportunity to make a cute little nautical scene using the gorgeous color palette from the ColourQ Challenge #349


And, I finally inked up my What the Doodle:Waves set from PTI. I thought it would be super cute and fun to have the boat from the set seem as though it's riding the heat embossed /watercolored waves. 


I colored both the boat and the waves with a combination of Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens (022 Carmine Red, 024 Wine Red, 092 Blue Gray, 042 Turquoise Green) and Akashiya Sais ( unfortunately the names are not in English but I used a "cloudy blue, bright red, light blue and dark gray).

I put down a wash of color starting with my darkest colors and "pulled them out" to the lighter areas. I then waited a bit of time for it dry (not completely, still "moist") and went back in with more colors, building upon the first layer.

For the background, using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Clouds Border dies, I die cut a couple strips that I then used as a mask to sponge on the clouds (I used a combination of PTI's Aqua Mist/Hawaiian Shores/Tropical Teal). I die cut the frame from PTI's Pure Poppy cardstock using one of my favorite Mama Elephant dies. I die cut the track using Lawn Fawn's Slide On Over die set, which made creating the slider card a breeze! Behind the top layer,  I die cut a piece of white cardstock and sponged on the above mentioned colors to provide "uniformity" (to match the sky/ocean) and so that it wouldn't be a stark white behind . And finally for the sentiment, I used Mama Elephant's gorgeous new Calli Letters alphabet set and the interior card sentiment (picture coming soon) is "& enjoy you day!"  . I love, love, love that set and it also pairs well with the Concord & 9th upper and lower case alphabets! I finished off the card with some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins and...I'm done! I hope you've enjoyed this lengthy detailed post (hehe) and that you'll come stop by my blog again soon!

I'm also entering this card into the now returned (YAAAAAAAAAY!) Virginia's View Challenge #22 (Summer) As you may have already deduced from my 'exuberant' yaaaay, I'm super stoked it's back! :) hehe! My card fits the coloring/ink blending and (I think) color-layering criteria. There is a TON of beautiful inspiration on the site, so be sure to check it out!

And I'm  also submitting this card into Kathy's super-fun 30 Day-Coloring Challenge! Her work is always so inspiring!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning beautifully made card. Absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful movement and what a cool deign! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous. You did wonderfully coloring the waves and boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Votre carte est superbe! bravo Pourriez vous m'indiquer le nom des die du bateau et des vagues? par avance merci

    ReplyDelete