Monday, April 4, 2016

Color Throwdown #386-- Third time's a charm, right?

Okay, once I have my supplies and inks out, it's just as easy to create 3 cards as it is to create one, so here's yet another (final) helping for this week's gorgeous color combination:



I started by die-cutting from black cardstock this beautiful coverplate panel from PTI. Then, I cut from both black and white cardstock the bottom and top layers, respectively, this butterfly from PTI's Enclosed series. On the bottom white portion  I stamped the detail using Hawaiian Shores and Limeade Ice inks. I then layered the black portion with "blessed" on top. Then, I  cut small pieces of white cardstock and stamped the companion sentiments in black and adhered them on top of the butterfly. . Finally, placing glue only in the center portion so I could 'fluff-up' the wings (as you can see in this detail photo) and placed it in the center of the panel. I finished it off with some enamel dots and I'm done! This design would be easy to reproduce in an array of colors...I just might do that!



Thanks again for stopping by and have a lovely rest of your week!
-O

1 comment:

  1. Your gorgeous butterfly really pops against the black and white!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete