Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Shaker Card Set

When I first started creating these cards, it was not necessarily with a set in mind, I simply loved the design and had coordinating papers and a hefty stash...so I just kept making them. Plus, I wanted an excuse to use PTI's new Baker's Dozen stamp set, with all of those delectable and cute looking cupcakes! So here they are, and simply perfect as entries to Virginia's View Challenge, which will be closing in a matter of hours!
 While the layout of the cards after including the same each has a different cupcake and sentiment within the banner. I began with my Lawn Fawn Large Stitched rectangles-- with the largest size I cut out a white cardstock panel and with the 2nd largest rectangle cut the patterned papers. I think the stitching just adds such a finished look to a card! I stamped my cupcakes in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored them in with my Gansai Tambi watercolors, which are just absolutely breathtaking, creamy, vibrant colors! I also love that it comes with a slightly white iridescent color that can be applied on the other colors for extra shine! My shaker is filled with goodies from my PTI Shakers and Sprinkles kit.I stamped the sentiments within the banners and adhered it all tho a white card base. I just love the colors, frame...well, all of it! This post is rather lengthy and photo heavy, so grab a cuppa and get comfy! Here are the cards individually:



 With a sentiment like that, how could one resist? It also makes me think of Marie Antoinette, which makes me chuckle. 

A close up of the cupcake...if only you could see the shimmer in real life! 

 This is what the card looks like when you can see all the goodies inside and it's ""all shook up" . Hehe, couldn't help the Elvis reference. ;) On to the next card:
 Here, stripes rather than polka dots and a different sentiment.

 Standing and loving that the static electricity means some of the glitter isn't falling when up right! 

A close up of this card-- the addition of green and orange brighten up the card!

And a teal striped version:


Can't get enough of these cupcakes!! I'm still waiting for my cake plate die to arrive from PTI and I look forward to implementing that into the design! 

No comments:

Post a Comment