Saturday, February 14, 2015

PTI Anniversary: Day 7- Heavy Metal

And I'm back, this time with a challenge to use  only metals (gold or silver) and a neutral. So here's my take:
 So I started with a stamper's select white card base, matted it with a good striped patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers. Then I couldn't resist making a shaker card with gold and silver sequins!! I decided to keep it relatively simple so as to let the metallic theme shine (pun intended :).  I love how unisex this card is and may use it as my Valentine's Day card for the hubby!







 Here's a close-up of the delicious deer, created using a die from Carta Bella, a Maggie Holmes collection, I believe. That's all for now but I should be back later with more cards for the PTI Anniversary festivities! Also linking this up to Virginia's View Challenge #12: Shaker Cards.

Oh, a quick final note-- I realize the photo quality leaves quite a bit to be desired alas the weather was not conducive to spectacular photography these last few days...I'll try to take another and have that up ASAP!

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow that's a stunning card!!!

    I had to poke Country Fair Cover plate pieces out, but they were all cut (if that makes sense). I used a very flat base plate, cover plate cutting edge with A2 sized PTI cardstock inside it, cover plate. The picture in the post is sticky backed fun foam, and I think that was cutting side down but I'm not sure. It did seem like the plate went through very easily so perhaps a piece of cardstock under the base plate would help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely REGAL and GORGEOUS! Love this CAS design! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling shaker card!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete