Saturday, May 17, 2014

Make It Monday #164: Cluster Stamped Sentiment Challenge

Hello there and Happy Saturday to all!

I'm pretty excited as today is a beautiful, sun-filled day in Colorado which is such a wonderful and remarkable change from last weekend when it was 32 degrees farenheit and snowing! Today I'm sharing a card for Papertrey Ink's challenge: Make It Monday #164: Cluster Stamped Sentiment

I love the idea and how Heather Nichols so exquisitely executed the technique... alas I don't think I did it justice. I feel that there were two things holding me back-- 1) Not a good sentiment stamp for this technique (Wet Paint stamp set, here I come!) and 2) Not a very fine or detailed white embossing powder. So you've been warned and here is my card:

 I inked up for the first time my Simple Stars stamp set. I thought the varying  patterned stars would be perfect for the technique and the sentiments would tie in beautifully with "Wish" followed by "Upon a birthday star," inside the card. "May all your wishes come true," is from a Fiskars stamp set I received as a gift a couple years ago and the "Happy Birthday" is from May-Birthday Basics.
To break up a bit of the stars, I also grabbed the center of a flower that looks like a fun polka dot from the Ruby Rose stamp set and threw them in at random.Topped it off with rhinestones from the Pink Posh Spring Kit and aqua satin ribbon I picked up from Michael's. 

Hope you weren't completely mortified by my failure at  this technique and that the wonderfully sweet little girl who will have this card in her hands today won't be either! :D

Craft on!
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment