Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thinking of You

Hello and happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a card for a very special lady. Hopefully the card will do her justice as she is such an elegant, beautiful  and admirable woman-- a true lady!

The design was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


 

I was told that the recipient of the card loves Peacock Blue and as it turns out... so do I! My big sis stopped by a little over a month ago and brought along a gorgeous and regal paper stack called Violet Leaf by DCWV. I knew I just had to use it for this card! So, my card base is Classic White from Paper and More and the bottom most layer (the strip to the left) is Gold Metallic, 105# cardstock also from Paper and More. Then the base for the right side of the card is from the Violet Leaf stack I mentioned. It has accents of gold, which I believe tied in beautifully with the strip. Now, here is where the fun begins-- I did not go traditional with the sketch but I did indeed have the 4 elements 'swinging' from side to side and from top to bottom like in the sketch. I took out my PTI Ruby Rose stamp set and dies and went to work piecing these blooms together, I alternated with Tim Holtz's Peacock Feathers distress ink, PTI's Tropical Teal dye ink and Ranger Ink's gold embossing powder. 



I also used vellum for some leaves 

(as you can see in the above photo) and topped some of the blooms with an assortment of sequins purchased via Simon Says Stamp.
I wanted to show the detail on this flower as I was pretty proud of my SEMI (hey, have to be a wee bit modest here!) cleverness. I wanted to continue implementing the monochromatic feel of the teal/aqua/peacock blue scheme, but when I stamped the flower that is immediately on top of the gold base with Peacock Feathers, it felt too dark. So what did I come up with as a solution, you ask? Vellum! It toned the color down and gave the card a certain softness and elegance that only vellum can! I then topped it with Recollections' Cool Water cardstock cut with another Ruby Rose die in the set. At the right, bottom corner framing the sentiment is a flower from Prima. It originally had a silver rhinestone in the center but I swapped it out for a gold pearl. 

And here is a close up of the sentiment, which was heat embossed on a lovely, luxurious piece of  iridescent white vellum paper...big suprise, also from Paper And More! Ha, I like them so much and always drop their name I should ask for a discount! hehe Finished it off with three teal rhinestones from Want2Scrap Baby Bling and voila! Hope you enjoy the card and that the recipient will too! Fingers and toes crossed ! :D

Craft on!
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment