Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Card Concept Challenge: #9

Below is the inspiration board for The Card Concept Challenge #9
 And here is my take on it:
 This was a graduation card for a friend of mine. I believe this may qualify as Clean and Layered as it has many layers, some white space, patterned paper and heat embossing. The zodiac wheel to the right is from the PTI Star Gazer additions stamp set and the sentiment from the original Star Gazer set. I chose to layer and emboss with silver to give it a touch of elegance that I believe all graduation cards should include! Also, love the balance of fairly demure and muted tones with a pop of Lilac thrown in!
I also made a matching envelope with the stars heat embossed with silver in order to tie the card and envelope together in terms of texture and color scheme!

That's all for now but I will be back later with more cards and challenge entries! To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!

-Oreet

No comments:

Post a Comment