Sunday, April 19, 2015

Colour Q #287

Hello, all!

Hope you had a nice weekend. This post is for my submission to this week's Colour Q Challenge. Here is the inspiration photo:

I've always loved the contrast of black, white and a pop of color. In fact, my wedding colors were black, white and red, which was also what inspired my card:

I started by cutting out the coverplate from True Black cardstock. Then, cut out of Pure Poppy cardstock the "birthday" with the Swoosh die collection. I FINALLY received these dies, after waiting since February 15th...and boy were they worth the wait!!! Then I die cut the floral arrangement from the Spring of Betsy Veldman's first installation of the Quilted Collection. I then die cut the banner that is from Tag Sale #10 and stamped "wishes" from the Swoosh stamp set. A few black and red enamel dots and I'm done!
Here's a close up of the focal point:


And that's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by and as always, craft on! :)

-O


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card!! Love pop of red on the flowers, sentiment and enamel dots with the striped background - so striking! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete