Monday, April 13, 2015

Colour #286: With Love

Hello all and happy Monday!

I'm back today with a card for theColour Q Challenge Here is the lovely inspiration:And the following is my interpretation of the inspiration and color scheme:

My card is rather straightforward. I do not own Stampin' Up colors so I substituted with Hero Arts' Butter Bar, Dark Quartz, Tide Pool and PTI's Classic Kraft. I began with a Classic Kraft, top folding card base and then matted it with PTI's diagonal coverplate cut from Harvest Gold Cardstock. Then I stamped various flowers and foliage using the beautiful Make It Market exclusive stamp set, Beautiful Brushstrokes. I arranged them all on top of the matted coverplate. For the sentiment, I actually swiped Tide Pool ink straight to paper, so it would match perfectly, and then cut it out with the amazing PTI Swoosh die. Finished it off with a some enamel dots and I'm done!Here is a close up of the focal point.

Well that's all for today...have a fantastic week! :)
-O

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the die cut background. It makes such an interesting layer behind the flowers. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card...love your beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete