Saturday, April 6, 2013

More Easter cards...




 Here are a few more cards that I made for Easter. As with the previous entry, the stamp set I used is from Taylored Expressions but the patterned paper is from Doodlebug's Easter collection, released in February. I adhered purple butterflies, which were punched out with the Martha Stewart Crafts punch and layered with purple rhinestones from Simon Says Stamp.The butterflies add movement and depth, or at least that was my goal! I think this card is versatile enough to also be perfect for babies and any Springtime birthdays!
Close Up #1

Close Up #2

I'm not quite sure what the technical/official name of this fold is but it is easily produced-- simply fold a standard card size, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 and then cut about two inches off from the top. I then layered the inside piece that shows through to add color and definition. Then, using the We R Memory Keeper's ribbon punch, I created the pattern that then permitted me to thread satin ribbon through. A Sizzix embossing folder was used to create texture on the front, as well as a satin bow layered on a Spellbinders die cut circle.

On this card I used the bunny as a strong focal point, which I die cut using the Polka Dot Parade die that was released in February. I had a few Easter cards left over and so I think I could easily send this as a baby card, especially since I have so many friends that are currently expecting! I wanted a cleaner and simple look, which I think I may have actually achieved-- hooray!
Hope you enjoy these and I promise to keep adding more! 

Have a great weekend and craft on!

-O


No comments:

Post a Comment