Saturday, April 20, 2013

Love is in the air...

Wedding season is upon us, I'm certain you have felt it-- the love, the planning, perhaps even the tension? Ha, I find myself entirely too amusing when surely I'm not. ;) Anyhow, here is a card celebrating love, marriage and happily ever after!

Ethereal Bride and Groom 1
 As you know, I am quite the Papertrey Ink fan, though on my blog it may not be readily apparent, I promise I do in fact own stamps from other companies! So this card is a tri-fold, money holder, where the finished -closed- card measures 7 1/4 by 3 1/2. I am currently down with a pesky bug, but perhaps once I recover I could do a mini-tutorial on how to make this fold and the process I followed. The stamp set is *surprise* Love and Marriage and the bride and groom dies, both from Papertrey Ink.











In the close up, you can see the color scheme of purple, soft pink and a tinge of grey a bit better. I used a mixture of Tim Holtz distress inks, namely Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac, Broken China, Spun Sugar and Pumice Stone and applied them using the foam applicator from ranger. To give the wedding dress interest and texture, I used the Sizzix Damask embossing folder. To make the focal point pop -literally- I used some dimensional adhesive and backed it with a die cut I ran through my BigShot machine, the Spellbinders beaded oval collection.

 
Ethereal Bride & Groom, close up
Ethereal Bride & Groom, inside 1












 The inside, as mentioned, is configured in order to be able to slip a check or cash. I find the sentiment from the First Kiss mini stamp set, again Papertrey Ink, super cute: "It started with a kiss and now it's come to this!". Very versatile and applicable to quite a few other occasions, even babies, *wink, wink*. :)

The happy couple/recipients of the card are Jewish, so I finished it off with the "Mazel tov!" sentiment from the Mazel Tov stamp set. 



















That's all for today, I hope you enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it! 

Craft on!
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment