Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter came and went...



Easter Bunny 1

Originally, this post  was titled "Easter is nearly here!" and yet somehow when I vacationed in technical difficulties land, Easter _and_ Passover came and went! But perhaps these can still provide you with inspiration for Spring seasonal cards or perhaps for a head start next year?? :) Unless noted otherwise, the stamps and sentiments are all from Taylored Expressions. I gravitated toward their line because 1) they have really refreshing stamp sets at very reasonable prices but also since most of my in-laws are of the Catholic faith, I wanted to send a card that was meaningful and religious! :)
Easter Bunny 2


In this first card, the Easter bunny takes center stage. Oddly enough, nearly all of the supplies used, except for the sentiment are left over from last year... that unfortunately also means that I couldn't tell you the manufacturer of the patterned paper etc. I love the colors of Easter because it sometimes feels as though a light is starting to shine, announcing the arrival of March. I know that's a bit quirky but I absolutely love spring with all its trimmings, plus probably does not hurt that my birthday is the first day of the season either! ;) 

In the card "Easter Bunny 2" I embossed the card base with Sizzix flower embossing folder, taped down the multi-colored ribbon with double sided adhesive, added on a panel for the focal point, which is from a 2012 paper pack, embellished with some Petaloo flowers, lavender rhinestones, a bit of baker's twine, both aqua and lime, and there you go! Okay, I suppose that was a bit more involved than I thought.
In card Easter Floral 1, the supplies used are quite similar to the first card, Easter Bunny 1, in terms of brads, color selection, patterned paper and stamp set. A notable mention though is the flower is a die cut from My Favorite Things and the leaf peaking through is from a Hero Arts stamp that I then fussy cut and added a bit of Tim Holtz Stickles to make it pop!
Easter Floral 1
Easter Lamb 1
This one I set out to simply create a card that had a color scheme matching the focal point, those adorable lambs. But as so often happens, I set out with an an 'agenda' and take a few detours along the way. I then added some lace and embossing to give it a bit more of a vintage feel. I have quite a few more to share and will be posting those in the coming days, along with more Passover cards!

Have a wonderful week and be calm and craft on!

-O



No comments:

Post a Comment