Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I'm baaaaccckkk!

Yes, as my above subject proclaims...I'm finally back! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm chronically ill and something as seemingly inconsequential as a cold, will make me sick for 2 months. So, though I have been making cards from time to time, I simply have not had the energy to update my blog. It's much easier to simply post on Instagram, though I'm vowing to be more present here on my blog from now on. Though if you want to catch me on IG, my handle is: O2CraftMama. All right, now down to business :)

I've decided to challenge myself-- It seems like I'm always low on masculine cards but yet have tons of feminine ones. So, I've decided that every time I make a feminine card, I will also make a masculine version. I think it's absolutely doable, especially since I already have the materials out and with only a few alterations, (be it color or images, i.e. flowers converted to stars)  I can quickly make a male version. And that's precisely what I did with the card in this post and the next:

First up, the feminine version:
I cut the cover plate out in  both white and black cardstock. Then using my Tim Holtz blending tool, I blended a feminine version of the rainbow-- using pink in place of red, turquoise rather than blue, etc. I cut and scored a top-folding A2-sized card and glue the black coverplate to it. Afterward, using my chosen pattern I inlaid and adhered the pieces into it. 

I cut two small strips of black cardstock and then stamped/heat embossed them with  "supporting sentiments" using sparkling, superfine gold embossing powder. Then using Lawn Fawn's amazing Big Scripty Words set, I diecut and stamped the "focal sentiment"

I finished the card off with various sized Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh,,,,aaaannnddd I'm done! 

Catch you in my next blog post, but until then-- craft on!
-Oreet

**I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these graphic cards! All the color palettes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this amazing card design, both versions are fabulous! Thanks so much for celebrating our birthday with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete