Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hello, Friend-- Color Throwdown #429 and MIM #275

Well hello,

I thought I'd pop in to not only share this card that I'm entering into the challenges but also to let you know I'm still alive and (somewhat) kicking! I actually am chronically ill-- I have over 12 diagnoses and 65 different medications I need to take daily. One of my diagnoses is a rare immune-deficiency disease, which means that even a cold can land me in the hospital or at the very least takes me 6- weeks to recover. Soooo, all that to explain my disappearance since August!

Now, on to the fun stuff! :)

My color combination was inspired by this week's bold Color Throwdown #429 challenge:



And my technique with the "dangles" from the sentiment is from the tutorial Amy did for this week's Make-it-Monday #275. So here is my interpretation:
**All supplies PTI unless otherwise noted.
 My sentiment comes from the Bitty Bouquet set. The lines/"dangles" and bows are from sets by PTI, Mama Elephant and Avery Elle. The "symbols" on the dangles are also from various stamp sets/companies-- Clipsters Mini Kit, Stacked, Avery Elle and Mama Elephant.
Once the front panel was completed, I matted it with Soft Stone Striped patterned paper, which I cut using MFT's Scalloped Rectangles. Then, I wrapped some black baker's twine around the panel 3 times and finished with a bow. Finally, I mounted the finished front panel onto a Hawaiian Shores card base, cut with the Noted: A2 die set.

And that's all! Hope you had a lovely weekend and I look forward to any and all comments!

-O

3 comments:

  1. Fun sentiment treatment!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love all the little dangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! You did an EXCELLENT job with the color challenge! AND you might want to check PTI Challenges for ALL of their 11th Anniversary Celebrations. (Today is a Color Challenge for them too! Maybe you caught it already?) Glad to hear you are up & kicking! ;) AND thank you for coming over & leaving me a comment! MANY BLESSINGS as you continue to recover and (((HUGS!))) (Germ free over the net!) LOL

    ReplyDelete