Sunday, March 8, 2015

MIM: Doodling

Another week, another quick post for PTI's Make It Monday. This week Lauren shows us how non-line stamps, watercoloring and doodling makes for a beautiful card. So, I grabbed my watercolor paper, paintbrushes and went to work. When I first purchased Painted Poinsettias I immediately noted that without the veining step, the flowers actually have the potential to look like magnolias. So, with that in mind as my chosen stamp set for this technique, I forged ahead and this is the result:
I went for fairly vibrant colors, Hawaii Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Limeade Ice and Memento's Dandelion. For the sentiment, I needed something to break up the busy background so I trimmed a 2 in piece of black cardstock and used a Pretty Pink Posh scalloped border die. Then, I cut from Hawaiian Shores cardstock the lovely, intricate sentiment using my new obsession that is the Lawn Fawn border die. 
 Some satin ribbon, enamel dots and all mounted onto a Hawaiian Shores cardstock base and we're done! The doodling was such fun and I look forward to adding this technique to my arsenal. Have a great rest of the Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment