Saturday, December 27, 2014

MIM :Stamped Borders 2

I simply was not pleased with my last card...there were elements I liked, but I felt that it was far too busy, I didn't like my junk bow. I guess I was just lacking some mojo. Here is another attempt that I like quite a bit better. What do you think?

I opted to make a Hanukkah card that I could send to my Mom. She's been in the hospital (in and out this past year) and I wanted something that would cheer her up and bring some light into her life. I know the challenge was to try for a sympathy card but a couple years ago I made a personal decision to not "stock" these in my card stash. It's not a superstition, I don't think that if I make them, I will lose dear ones but I suppose if the need comes, I like to do it on the spot as therapy. So,I used the stamp border technique and hope that "bringing cheer to a loved one having a rough time" might still meet the challenge! 

So I went with a slightly non-traditional Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores combination with traditional silver and bling! :) when the Festival of Lights stamp set was released a couple months ago, I knew I just had to have it!! Coupled with the previously released Mazal Tov set ....oh the possibilities!! And how can anyone NOT love the sentiment? Impossible!!

 A close up of the gorgeous Star of David and "light burst" around it .
 and the inside of the card.

Craft on!
-O


No comments:

Post a Comment