Tuesday, December 23, 2014

PTI Make It Monday: Stamped Borders

Hello all,

This week's challenge was provided by the über talented Melissa Phillips and the technique of the week is to stamp a card border with various colors. Here is my first attempt:

 I used several stamps on the border from the Songbird stamp set, florals, leaves and even a bird. For my focal point, I cut Tag Sale #4 in Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse and white and alternated the elements for depth. I then stamped the Songbird in Hawaiian Shores and accented the inner flower and leaves with Raspberry Fizz and Simply Chartreuse.  I then added at the bottom the Happy Birthday song line from the same set.
At the top, I made my first "junk bow"...I'm not quite sure if I'm crazy about it, I think the color need to be a bit more uniform and subtle for the bow to look right. Finished off the card with some teal enamel dots added to the centers of the flowers. Overall I'm not too fond of the card, I feel that it's a bit busy and think I'll go ahead and make another that is less so and quite a bit softer! How do you think it turned out?

Hope you're having a great week and happy holidays to all!
-O

2 comments: