Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Paper Crafting Challenge #7: Masculine

So Kimberley from the Wienerhoneymooners blog suggested I sign up for the new-ish challenge over at the http://www.challenges.papercraftingmagic.com/ blog, especially since I have quite a few masculine cards recently made! Here is one of my submissions--
This card came together fairly easily and I think it turned out to be both maculine and rustic while exuding a bit of elegance... precisely what I was going for! Unfortunately, for the life of me I cannot recall which patterned paper stack I used  but I used two different designs from the stack, backed with thick, cream cardstock from Paper And More. Then, using Versamark, I stamped a fern from the Green Meadows stamp set from PTI and sprinkled gold embossing powder over it. The sentiment is stamped on a Recollections heavy, textured cardstock and "Sail Away" is from the masculine monogram stamp set from Just Rite. I did some scoring and folding to turn it into a dimensional banner and popped it on some foam tape. To finish it off, I used some natural, rustic twine.... and there you go!
Here is a close up of the sentiment so that you can see the added texture, which I feel added depth and dimension.

And here is a close up of the embossed fern--such a beautiful stamp set!

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY love this, the awesome anchor paper, WOW,I just love nautical and NAVY with white, always comes out so CRISP! Your Banner, BLISS!! The fern, such an unexpected wonderfulness, reminds me so much of home,the pacific northwest with ocean and green forests abound, thanks for adding this lovely to the Gallery!

    ReplyDelete