Thursday, January 23, 2014

So recently I've been on a shabby chic style kick inspired by Mellisa Phillips-- I just love how romantic and soft her cards are and wanted to step outside my comfort zone. Also, as mentioned I've really been enjoying coloring with my Spectrum Noirs and Copic markers. Here are a few card projects:
This first one is shabby but still a bit cleaner, not too much fuss. Rustic Cream cardstock from PTI for the base, layered with patterned papers from Echo Park and then topped with Spellbinders' Labels 1 & Decorative Labels 8. The stamp set used is Ruby Reprise from PTI, such a charming and beautiful set! Embellished with some flowers, pearls and ruffled satin. I love the combination of cream and various shades of green.



 This anniversary card was quite a bit of fun to create-- It was actually inspired by the large flower. I took apart petals from a fabric flower and took a strip of Blush colored felt, created a 'lolly' flower and topped with various sized pearls. I knew I wanted to use it in a card project and when I came across my stash of Prima Almanac collection papers, I knewI was in business! The base is Cream from PaperAndMore.com (a wonderful source for cardstock!!) , topped with the Prima patterned papers, glued down Flora Lace from The Ribbon Retreat and then I once again used Spellbinders' Decorative Labels 8. I first cutout the largest size and then took the next to largest one and solely embossed it into the first cut. I then layed a tag from Spellbinders' Decorative Tags and topped it off with another die cut from Decorative Labels 8. Finally stamped the sentiment in Memento ink, added pearls et voila!






This card is most likely either appropriate for a baby card or for the special little girl in your life! The stamp is from a set I purchased from Michaels, though I cannot recall the name. I then went ahead and colored it in using my Spectrum Noirs. I backed it with Decorative Labels 1 and a larger sized mat of Labels 1. I slightly distressed the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink . Then to add a bit more interest, I tucked another Decorative tag at the back. The base is a cream cardstock bu layered with 3 different patterned papers all from the Easter 2013 Doodlebug collection. Between each layer, I applied ribbon-- the bottom is ruffled organza, in the middle a ruffled sation and finally at the top crochet lace. Topped it all off with some blush colored pearls and it was done! 

Hope you enjoyed these cards and I will be back with more soon!

Craft on!
-O







No comments:

Post a Comment