Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm a newbie!

This post is simultaneously exhilarating and intimidating! It's one thing to spend hours... yes hours, perusing various craft blogs and Pinterest, but quite another to have my own. So there you have it, this is my official first blog post and certainly to be the first of many for I am utterly addicted to crafting. Ah, I suppose that would have been a better introduction but hey, I'm a newbie so go easy on me! This blog's primary focus will be on papercrafts, particularly cardmaking but most likely peppered with some scrapbooking and various projects that I like to 'dabble' in.  I have taken pictures of all my cards so I will go ahead and upload a few recent card projects and go from there.
  
 I am currently working on a gift set for my sister filled with birthday cards and here is one of them. It's intended for a younger girl. There are details that unfortunately cannot be seen via the photograph, such as the background heat embossing using Ranger's Holographic embossing powder. It gives a pop of bling but yet still subdued enough as to not cloud the foreground of the card. The ribbon I purchased from Ribbon Carousel --LOVE them!- is reversible, orange on one side and pink on the other. For the sentiment I used one of my favorite stamp sets called 'Wish' from Fiskars and used Nestabilities Labels 7. A few rhinestones, a birthday cake with a tag and some baker's twine and voila!


 Same stamp set from Fiskars but this time I used the Nestabilities Beaded Ovals and threaded ribbon through the slits. Added some gingham ribbon from Ribbon Carousel, as well as some lace. Pearls used to accent the lace, rolled flower and sentiment. Patterned paper from Bo Bunny Powder Mountain and back punch border from EK Success "Brick".
This card was made for a friend who has been a little blue. I know it's not your typical Winter card but I thought she needed a bit of sunshine and summer to cheer her up! 

Thanks for reading my first post!

Craft on!

Oreet

No comments:

Post a Comment