Friday, January 18, 2013

Another Day, Another Post

Hello there,
Yes, *gasp* there was a lapse in posts but in my defense, it was due to technical difficulties with my internet connection. I am currently hiding out from the flu and dreary cold winter in Mexico and thus the internet and phones are not always reliable! So here are a few more cards I wanted to share--

 These are still part of the series of the gift set I am making for my sister who shall be visiting me in Mexico in a few short days!  I am out here with my 2 year old son and husband and while I adore them, a 2 year old is not necessarily much for conversation and a male cannot partake in discussions about Grey's Anatomy, hehe.  But I digress, this one I intended for a more mature woman. I started off with the gingham cardstock from Michaels and layered it with a Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles Die. I sponged it using Tim Holtz's distress ink in Salty Ocean and then stamped with Memento Love Letter the flowers, which are from one of the My Mind's Eye stamp collections. The side flourishes are from an older stamp set, I cannot remember the manufacturer. I finished it off with red vintage seam binding and mini floral pearl accents at the flower center and a blue rhinestone at the corner. I love the contrast of striking blue and red. This card could also easily be altered to accommodate a card for Independence Day.
 This card is for a younger girl's birthday. I absolutely love this sentiment stamp set from Fiskars-- it is a very complete set with humorous quotes and thoughtful ones. The top cupcake die cut was done using a steel rule die from Sizzix in my Big Shot and the Layered front dies are from Spellbinders.
This last card and envelope set is for the younger man in your life. :) Stamped and then colored in a few submarines with Salty Ocean and Lemonade. Used the Gears die, used the border punch circles from EK success to get the medallions and then finished it off with the vintage seam binding at the top.

Hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed sharing!

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment