Monday, July 11, 2016

ColourQ #349 (2nd helping ) : Enjoy the Journey

And I'm baaack with another card for the beautiful color scheme for ColourQ's Challenge #349


After having made yesterday's camping card, I decided that as I already had he supplies out, I might as well make another card! I was in need of a masculine birthday card, so the Colour Q challenge #349 fit the bill! 

I began by die cutting the layers of the focal point, using various dies from PTI's Scene It collection. The mountains were die cut from PTI's Kraft and Stanper's Select cardstock. The cloud layer was also cut from PTI's Stamper's Select and then sponged with Simon Says Stamp's Cloudy Sky dye ink. I die cut the tree layer from both Kraft ans Aqua Mist cardstock.  I snipped the trees from the Aqua Mist die cut and layered it on top of the Kraft one for added dimension and color. 

I adhered all the layers onto the PTI Scalloped Basic Backer and set it aside.  I die cut various pieces from PTI's Petite Places: Happy Camper set. I inked the car up with Memento's London Fog dye ink; the fire, suitcase and camper with PTI's Pure Poppy; the "Enjoy the Journey" sentiment was stamped in PTI's Smokey Shadow ink; and finally the lawn chairs were inked up with Memento's Teal Zeal. The small banner with alternating colors was colored with Copic markers.

I die cut the banner for the sentiment from Tag Sale Quilted (PTI) and stamped this sweet sentiment from Mama Elephant's Sunday Sentiments stamp set.  I then cut from Kraft Cardstock the frame using MFT Stamps' Stitched and Scalloped frames. I adhered the focal point scene, along with the banner and frame, to the white card base. I finished the card up with some red baker's twine and enamel dots.

Well that's all folks and until next time...craft on! ; )

Have a fantastic week!
-O

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card. Such detail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such Detail! Not a question, sorry, just think is is great.

    ReplyDelete