Sunday, September 14, 2014

For A Special Day

I wonder if like me you've ever had the tendency to pine for a stamp set, purchase it and then forget about it for a while until one day you stumble upon it again and can't figure out why you ever tossed it aside like an old dirty sock? And then use it over and over again as penance for having forsaken that beloved stamp set? Hahaha. Well that's precisely what happened with this Simon Says Stamp February release stamp set...Such a gem!
Seems only fitting that I would enter it into the following two Simon Says Stamp  challenges, here and here.
I started with a white card base, standard A2 sized, and layered a hand stamped "wonky" panel using the largest floral stamp in the aforementioned Simon Says Stamp set. I cut the flower with my Silhouette Cameo out of textured red/black cardstock and then used a large tipped stylus to add texture and "veins". A small black brad was used in the center to connect the pieces together and to adhere the embellishment to the panel. For the sentiment I used this beautiful handwriting-styled stamp also included in the set. Some tiny rhinestones underneath it and at the center of the stamped flowers and poppy red seam binding finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by and as always...craft on!
-O

1 comment:

  1. ho Oreety! stunning card, I luv the red flower...WOW! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete