Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge: Ombre Deliciousness

Hello and happy Saturday to all,


Trying to squeeze this card in as there are only 9 minutes left until the linkup closes! No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you, no you are most certainly not going crazy--I did in fact write 9 minutes. What can I say? I'm THE Queen of Procrastination. But I digress...Here is the lovely inspiration photo for this week's Sparkle and Shine Challenge:
 Gorgeous, isn't it? And with wedding season upon us, also incredibly relevant! Here's my interpretation:

My apologies for the quality (or rather lack thereof) of the photo...alas, I took this picture after sundown and so I had to rely on inside lighting. I'll be back tomorrow with an updated photograph and supply list. I may also include some step-by-step instructions as to how I created this card, and in particular the ombre effect. Just a final note-- the white spots you see are actually luscious glitter particles from my Wink of Stella and the die cut flowers at the top left corner are cut from PTI's white polka dot vellum and teal vellum I picked up at paperandmore.com!

Edited to add updated picture, as promised! :)

and a close up of the "floral arrangement" at the top-left corner:

Also playing at these challenges:

2.
Thanks and have a lovely rest of your weekend!

1 comment: