Monday, April 20, 2015

ColourQ #287: Celebrate Shaker Card

Hello and happy Monday,

I'm back with another submission to the Colour Q #287 Challenge. Once again, here is the inspiration photo:
This time around , I opted to go with a splash of turquoise. I started with my Lawn Fawn Large Stitched mats and die cut it from white cardstock and the smaller piece from Heidi Swapp's Memory Planner patterned paper pack. Then, I cut out the little window from that mat using the die from PTI's Baker's Dozen I did the same with white cardstock and swapped out the floral frame with the white and inlaid it. . I also cut out the cupcake and stamped it in black with Memento's Tuxedo Black. I then used Copics and Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color the butterfly, wrapper and tiny dots on the cupcake. I created the shaker and poured in various confetti and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and PTI's Make It Market Kit Shakers and Sprinkles. I cut out the banner from black cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment in gold, to bring out the gold heart confetti within the shaker. Popped the cupcake up with dimensional adhesive and then mounted it all onto a top folding standard A2 size card and I'm done! This is what the card looks like laying down


And here it is upright.  This picture is a closeup of the shaker element.Well that's all for now but I am likely going to be back soon with another card for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment