Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 1

Today starts my Valentine's Day card series, in which I will be posting a card daily! I must tell on myself though-- I do not generally use hearts in my designs so it is turning out to be a bit of a challenge, which is precisely why I decided to start this series! I am sending most of my cards to nieces and nephews so most will be geared toward children, but I will make a few others for those who struggle like me with this theme. So here is my first-- This card features the Love and Marriage stamp set from Papertrey. I absolutely fell in love with it and even managed to sneak in a few hearts behind the tree without it being over-bearing. I used Spellbinder dies and a few rhinestones to accent the border stamp. It's admittedly busy but yet somehow works. Hope you enjoy! I'll be back tomorrow for another one, though I may come back with some non-Valentine related cards I have been working on and perhaps even a tutorial for a recipe box I plan on gifting to my mother-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment